This is what I have done on the mermaid so far. The little seahorse is the one I made. The feather stitches are done with two strands of bird feathers and one strand of coral silk thread. I dyed the cheesecloth with Lumiere Pale Turqoise Acrylic. I diluted it with water and dipped, very easy. So much fun to do all these different things.
I went to little India yesteray to get some silk for the lining but couldn't find the right colour. They have the most beautiful fabrics and saris there. I will have to venture downtown either this week or wait for the Olympics to be over because that is where all the action is. Too crowded and noisy for me!