Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is what I have done on the mermaid so far. The little seahorse is the one I made. The feather stitches are done with two strands of bird feathers and one strand of coral silk thread. I dyed the cheesecloth with Lumiere Pale Turqoise Acrylic. I diluted it with water and dipped, very easy. So much fun to do all these different things.
I went to little India yesteray to get some silk for the lining but couldn't find the right colour. They have the most beautiful fabrics and saris there. I will have to venture downtown either this week or wait for the Olympics to be over because that is where all the action is. Too crowded and noisy for me!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I spent the afternoon finishing off the crazy quilt blocks I started a few days ago. It's surprising how long it takes to put the colours together. I guess it gets quicker and easier with practice. The first one needed more light weight and more delicate colours but I didn't have any so I will have do some light colours for the embellishments.

Jasmine kitty is nudging me telling me it is time for bed.
Sleep well every one.