Thursday, September 17, 2009

MY FIRST CRAZY QUIILT BAG

I am setting out on a new journey - creating crazy quilts, embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery. I love texture and colour and am excited about creating bags - for now - and eventually other items that reflect the beauty in nature and gardens. I have chosen the name Secret Garden because I love the story - it suggests mystery and magic and things that are hidden but accessable when we find the key. It also suggests solitude and peace. It's a place of beauty and a place for children to play. I love the idea of a hidden key and the robin who shows the way to the key.

There is a theory that the artist part of ourselves is the child within that we need to reconnect with to relearn how to play. So my journey is to learn to play in my Secret Garden, unfolding the mystery of creating with fabric, lace, ribbon and embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment